|Debris Exclusive Edition|
Two players cooperative
Debris Exclusive Edition was released in 2005 by creator Martijn Wenting and Revival Studios. This edition was limited to 20 (numbered 01-20) and were all numbered within the box and on a (included) signed Certificate of Authenticity by Wenting. This was the only edition of Debris which came with an overlay and offset-printed box other than the later release of Debris Revisited VIP Collectors Edition. A four page front and back laminated manual was also included. The ROM itself is exactly the same as the Limited Edition release with no standard unlimited release like other Revival games.
The player controls a ship advancing through hostile space. As the player progresses, waves of enemies approach and will attack before receding again. 16 bosses control the space and enemies the player must traverse. If the player is unable to avoid an enemy ship or its fire, a life will be lost.
- Select between one player or two player games or view credits-up/down on joystick or D-pad
- Begin game/view credits-any button
- Move player's ship around-joystick or D-pad
- Move left-button one
- Move right-button two
- Fire-button three
- Fire-button four
- Destroy an enemy ship-20 points
- Hit an asteroid-20 points (3 shots to destroy, 60 points total)
- Hit a boss ship-10 points
- Destroy a boss ship-500 points plus a bonus life
- The Debris game series uses bitmap graphics rather than vector graphics.
- The game has a built-in feature that supports the VecVox.
- The game allows for two player cooperative play rather than two players alternating like many other Vectrex games.
- Debris Revisited is an enhanced version of this game which included numerous refinements and the bonus game Astrododge.
This article was featured from March - April, 2020.